Proposed Technology Accessibility Rulemaking and Upcoming Hearings
In the fall and winter of 2023-24, OIT is creating rules regarding accessibility standards for IT systems. These rules will be the accessibility standards for public entities in Colorado, which includes state and local governments, special districts, and any other instrumentality of a state or local government.
- If you wish to be notified of rulemaking updates and opportunities please fill out the Accessibility Rulemaking Notification Sign-up form.
- Submit your comments to email@example.com.
- OIT Technology Accessibility Rulemaking Fact Sheet
- Tips for Providing Effective Comments, (DOC)
Comment on Draft Technology Accessibility Rules Welcome through Nov. 27 (Closed)
OIT offers the Draft Technology Accessibility Rules (DOC) and requests comments from the public.
- Form to submit written comments by Nov. 27, 2023
- Listening Session to share verbal comments, Nov. 27, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. - recording coming soon
- Stakeholder Notice and Invitation to Comment (DOC)
Technology Accessibility Planned Rulemaking Schedule
- Oct. 2023: Invitation to comment on potential rule topics (Closed)
- Nov. 2023: Invitation to comment on draft rules
- Dec. 2023: Invitation to comment on proposed rules
- Jan. 2024: Public rulemaking hearing on proposed rules
- Jan. 2024: Rules adopted
- March 2024: Technology accessibility rules become effective
General OIT Rules Information
Review the general information about OIT Rules